11:30 am

Star 1


We started out our first full day in Vermont with the free continental breakfast at our hotel. Then, we gassed up the car, put air in the tires, and were on our way to the Ben & Jerry's Factory in Waterbury, Vermont. Again, the drive was breath-taking. I tried to take so many pictures during the drive, but iPhones aren't very good at capturing pictures of things in motion. :( Oh well.

When we arrived at the Ben & Jerry's Factory, we bought our tickets for the 1:00 pm tour, and shopped at the gift shop to pass the time until our tour started. I had just enough time to buy & fill out a post card of Vermont for my parents, and then it was time for our tour.

The tour was probably 30 minutes in length, and it concluded with a free sample of their Milk & Cookies Ice Cream. It was so good! However, my friends and I were not going to leave the Ben & Jerry's Factory in Vermont without getting the famous Vermonster (a sundae consisting of 20 scoops of ice cream, 4 bananas, 3 chocolate chip cookies, 1 brownie, 2 ladles each of hot fudge and caramel, 10 scoops of walnuts, Oreos, mini M&Ms, Reese's Pieces, whipped cream, and sprinkles.) Crazy, we know! But since it was my 21st birthday a few days earlier, we had to celebrate, so we got it.

When the Vermonster arrived, it was a feast for the eyes, for sure! We had all sorts of people coming and taking pictures of us with it. A few random people even told us that they were posting our picture on their Facebook back in Colorado. We were able to finish almost half of it on our own before the fullness set in. At that point, we recruited some passerbys to grab their own spoons and cups and come help us finish the Vermonster. We even made friends with one older gentleman, Chuck, and his wife, Linda. They sat with us and helped us finish as much of the Vermonster as we all possibly could as we made conversation and found out that we were all from California, and they used to live relatively near where my friends and I are from. We ended up taking some pictures together before we all said goodbye and went our separate ways. My friends and I visited the Flavor Graveyard, took a few pictures, and were on our way once again.

Our next stop of the day was in Vermont's capitol, Montpelier. My friends were hungry for salty food, so they went to eat. I was still too full from the Vermonster, so I walked around Montpelier while they ate. I'm so glad I went on this walk because I captured some of my best photographs during this time. The leaves were gorgeous in Montpelier, and the city was so quaint. After my friends were done eating, we grabbed some coffee at this local coffee shop, which sold THE BEST APPLE CIDER I'VE EVER TASTED IN MY LIFE! (Cold Hollow Cider Mill- FYI,) and then we ended up having a mini photo shoot with the leaves of Montpelier before heading back to our hotel.

That night, we ended up having dinner at a Friendly's in Lebanon, New Hampshire because my friends had never been to a Friendly's before, and I had to introduce them to the adorable little chain that we lack in California. After the day's festivities, we retired to our hotel to get some rest before the next day's drive. As we were walking back to our room, guess who we see?!?! The same Italian man with the mullet and bomber jacket delivering food to the room next to ours! We got a good laugh out of that one as my friends became nostalgic about the "best chicken tenders of their lives." :) The rest of the evening was quite. I was able to sneak in a workout at the hotel's gym, and by the time I got back to our room, everyone else had fallen asleep, so I quickly got ready for bed so that I wouldn't be dead tired the next day when everyone else woke up refreshed and ready for the day.